Reader question: I’m attending my friend’s baby shower in March. Can you help me find a cute outfit? And do you have any suggestions I can pass along to the mother-to-be?
Style Me Thrifty: Babies! They’re everywhere! I have a bunch of friends and family members that are baking away adorable little ones in their bellies right now and what does that mean? Baby showers!
Baby showers are known for causing fashion confusion amongst women, so I definitely have some tips and outfit ideas for your March shower. I’ll also share a few suggestions for the glowing mother-to-be.
Tips for the Guests
- Consider the location and time of the shower. That will set the tone for how dressy or casual your outfit should be. Country club = dressy. BBQ = less dressy (but still not jeans!). When in doubt, err on the side of dressy.
- Go girly. Now is your chance to wear a print, bold color, or maybe even a ruffle (watch out now).
- Keep the mother-to-be’s style in mind. Is she a fashionista? Or more of a laid back gal?
- Baby showers usually involve a game or two — can you move around around in those heels?
- Remember, baby and bridal showers have very similar agendas: you snack, mingle, open presents, and compliment each other on your cute outfits!
Two Outfit Ideas for Guests
Tips for the Mom-to-Be
- I like to joke that “fashion isn’t about being comfortable.” But when you’re 7-months pregnant, I’m willing to bend that rule! You want to feel comfortable and confident at your shower. Make sure you can bend, twist, hug, etc. in your outfit.
- You’ll be standing up for awhile — wear low heels or even flats so your feet aren’t miserable.
- Remember: it’s your baby shower, people want to see your baby bump. Give the people what they want! Find a cute top or dress that shows off that belly!
Outfit Idea for the Mom-to-Be