As a gal with naturally wavy hair (albeit highly unruly, erratic, and slightly frizzy), my go-to hairstyle is long, loose waves. I sometimes like to pretend my curls are completely natural but let’s face it, Gisele Bundchen’s sexy waves come from a curling iron and so do mine!
Ain’t no shame in a little heating tool game though. Which is why I’ve put together this little hair tutorial to show YOU how to achieve loose, natural looking curls. The trick is all in how you hold the curling iron (vertically). So fire yours up and let’s get on with the tutorial:
To recap, here are the tools you’ll need:
- Blow dryer and round brush
- Hairspray (I like Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity hairspray, $4.57 at Amazon)
- 1.5” curling iron (the smaller the iron, the tighter the curl. I like this one by Conair)
- Hand-held mirror to admire the work on the back of your head
- Optional: straightening iron for flyaways at the roots
And remember, the key is how you hold the curling iron. Start with it vertically at the root and clamp in the hair, twisting as you work your way to the bottom. Good luck and make Gisele proud!